- Budnitz DS, Lovegrove MC, Rose KO.
Adherence to label and device recommendations for over-the-counter pediatric liquid medications
. Pediatrics 2014;133:e283-90.
- Geller AI, Shehab N, Lovegrove MC, Kegler SR, Weidenbach KN, Ryan GJ, Budnitz DS.
National estimates of insulin-related hypoglycemia and errors leading to emergency department visits and hospitalizations
. JAMA Intern Med 2014;174:678-86.
- See I, Shehab N, Kegler SR, Laskar SR, Budnitz DS.
Emergency department visits and hospitalizations for digoxin toxicity: United States, 2005 to 2010
. Circ Heart Fail 2014;7:28-34.
Emergency department visits and hospitalizations for buprenorphine ingestion by children – United States, 2010-2011
. MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep 2013;62:56. (Reprinted in JAMA 2013;309:1667-8.)
- Hampton LM, Nguyen DB, Edwards JR, Budnitz DS.
Cough and cold medication adverse events after market withdrawal and labeling revision
. Pediatrics 2013;132:1047-54.
- Jones SC, Budnitz DS, Sorbello A, Mehta H.
US-based emergency department visits for fluoroquinolone-associated hypersensitivity reactions
. Pharmacoepidemiol Drug Saf 2013;22:1099-106.
- Lovegrove MC, Hon S, Geller RJ, Rose KO, Hampton LM, Bradley J, Budnitz DS.
Efficacy of flow restrictors in limiting access of liquid medications by young children
. J Pediatr 2013;163:1134-9.e1.
- Budnitz DS, Lovegrove MC, Shehab N, Richards, CL.
Emergency hospitalizations for adverse drug events in older Americans
. [PDF - 522 KB] N Engl J Med 2011; 365:2002-12.
- Budnitz DS, Salis S.
Preventing medication overdoses in young children: an opportunity for harm elimination
. Pediatrics 2011;127:e1597-9.
- Budnitz DS, Lovegrove MC, Crosby AE. Emergency department visits for overdoses of acetaminophen-containing products [PDF - 8 pages]. Am J Prev Med 2011;40:585-92
- Lovegrove MC, Shehab N, Hales CM, Poneleit K, Crane E, Budnitz DS.
Emergency department visits for antiviral adverse events during the 2009 H1N1 influenza pandemic
. Public Health Rep 2011;126:312-7.
- Manthripragada AD, Zhou EH, Budnitz DS, Lovegrove MC, Willy ME.
Characterization of acetaminophen overdose-related emergency department visits and hospitalizations in the United States
. Pharmacoepidemiol Drug Saf 2011;doi: 10.1002/pds.2090.
- Shehab N, Budnitz DS.
Time to change the paradigm–from
. Arch Intern Med 2011;171:473-4.
- Budnitz DS.
Agreement between drugs-to-avoid criteria and expert assessments of problematic prescribing--invited commentary
. Arch Intern Med 2009;169:1332-4.
- Budnitz DS, Lewis LL, Shehab N, Birnkrant D.
CDC and FDA response to risk of confusion in dosing Tamiflu oral suspension
. N Engl J Med 2009;361:1913-4.
- Schillie SF, Shehab N, Thomas KE, Budnitz DS.
Medication overdoses leading to emergency department visits among children
. Am J Prev Med 2009;37:181-7.
- Willy M, Kelly JP, Nourjah P, Kaufman DW, Budnitz DS, Staffa J.
Emergency department visits attributed to selected analgesics, United States, 2004-2005
. Pharmacoepidemiol Drug Saf 2009;18:188-95.
- Budnitz DS.
Inappropriate medication use in hospitalized older adults--is it time for interventions?
J Hosp Med 2008;3:87-90.
- Cohen AL, Budnitz DS, Weidenbach KN, Jernigan DB, Schroeder TJ, Shehab N, Pollock DA.
National surveillance of emergency department visits for outpatient adverse drug events in children and adolescents
. J Pediatr 2008;152:416-21.
- Hall AJ, Logan JE, Toblin RL, Kaplan JA, Kraner JC, Bixler D, Crosby AE, Paulozzi LJ.
Patterns of abuse among unintentional pharmaceutical overdose fatalities
. JAMA 2008;300:2613-20.
- Schaefer MK, Shehab N, Cohen AL, Budnitz DS.
Adverse events from cough and cold medications in children
- Shehab N, Patel PR, Srinivasan A, Budnitz DS.
Emergency department visits for antibiotic-associated adverse events
. Clin Infect Dis 2008;47:735-43.
Editorial commentary: antibiotics for treatment of acute respiratory tract infections: decreasing benefit, increasing risk, and the irrelevance of antimicrobial resistance
. Clin Infect Dis 2008;47:744-6.
- Budnitz DS, Layde PM.
Outpatient drug safety: new steps in an old direction
. Pharmacoepidemiol Drug Saf. 2007 Feb;16(2):160-5. Review.
- Budnitz DS, Shehab N, Kegler SR, Richards CL.
Medication use leading to emergency department visits for adverse drug events in older adults
. Ann Intern Med 2007;147:755-65.
- Jhung MA, Budnitz DS, Mendelsohn AB, Weidenbach KN, Nelson TD, Pollock DA. Evaluation and overview of the national electronic injury surveillance system-cooperative adverse drug event surveillance project (NEISS-CADES) [PDF - 7 pages]. Medical Care 2007;45 (suppl 2):S96-S102.
Infant deaths associated with cough and cold medications - two states, 2005
. MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep 2007;56:1-4.
- Budnitz DS, Pollock DA, Weidenbach KN, Mendelsohn AB, Schroeder TJ, Annest JL.
National surveillance of emergency department visits for outpatient adverse drug events
. JAMA 2006;296:1858-66.
- Cohen AL, Jhung MA, Budnitz DS.
Stimulant medications and attention deficit-hyperactivity disorder
. N Engl J Med 2006;354:2294-5.
- Paulozzi LJ, Budnitz DS, Xi Y.
Increasing deaths from opioid analgesics in the United States
. Pharmacoepidemiol Drug Saf 2006;15:618-27.
Nonfatal, unintentional medication exposures among young children, United States, 2001-2003
. MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep 2006;55:1-5. (Reprinted in JAMA 2006;295:882-4.)
- Ballesteros MF, Budnitz DS, Sanford CP, Gilchrist J, Agyekum GA, Butts J.
Increase in deaths due to methadone in North Carolina
. JAMA 2003;290:40.
- Budnitz DS, Pollock D, Mendelsohn AB, Weidenbach KA, McDonald AK, Annest JL.
Emergency department visits for outpatient adverse drug events: demonstration for a national surveillance system
. Ann Emerg Med 2005;45:197-206.
Assessing the national electronic injury surveillance system - cooperative adverse drug event surveillance project - six sites, United States, January 1-June 15, 2004
. MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep 2005;54:380-3.
- Page last reviewed: June 13, 2014
- Page last updated: June 13, 2014
- Content source: