Household Preparedness Spring 2021 Infographic
Age, gender, education level, and region are associated with preparedness and supply kit ownership.
Less likely to have an emergency supply kit
- Older adults (75 years and older) are LESS LIKELY to have an emergency supply kit.
- Being female DECREASED LIKELIHOOD of having an emergency supply kit by 11%.
Less likely to have preparedness plans
- Those in the Midwest and Northeast are HALF AS LIKELY to be prepared as those living in the South and West.
- Those with less than high school education are also LESS LIKELY to have preparedness plans.
- Persons living in mobile homes, RVs, boats, or vans are HALF AS LIKELY to have preparedness plans compared to those living in single family homes.
More likely to be prepared
- Being married, having children in the home, and having a household income of $50,000 or more all INCREASE preparedness levels.
Source: SpringStyles 2021 Survey