Hearing Loss Prevention Poster 2
HERE’S SOMETHING YOU KNOW:
Noise is all around us — at school, at home, and everywhere in between.
But what about this?
Being around too much loud noise can make you lose your hearing. And once it’s gone, you can’t get it back.
- 5 in 10 young people listen to their music or other audio too loudly
- 4 in 10 young people are around dangerously loud noises during events like concerts and sports games
- 48 million people in the U.S. have trouble hearing with one (or both) of their ears
READY FOR THE GOOD NEWS?
You can protect your hearing — and still do all the stuff you love!
- Turn down the volume on your headphones
- Try to stay away from loud noises
- Use earplugs or noise-canceling headphones when you’re around loud noises
Visit www.cdc.gov/nceh/hearing_loss/ to learn more.