CITGO - Help
Related Remote Access Topics
Using CITGO for remote access requires a computer with the Citrix Receiver software installed, a valid CDC network account and a CDC-issued Smart Card or RSA key fob. For hands-on assistance accessing or using CITGO, contact the
OCIO Service Desk
Before contacting the ServiceDesk about using CITGO on a personally-owned system, please verify that your system meets the requirements shown below and check the CITGO FAQs
. FAQs provide self-help and answers to the most commonly asked questions concerning CITGO.
Accessing CITGO on non-CDC devices or personally owned equipment (POE) is supported as ‘best effort’ by the OCIO ServiceDesk.
Self-Service Reset Tool
If after you login and are unable to connect to a CITGO desktop, you can attempt to clear your own session by utilizing the Self-Service CITGO Session Reset Tool.
CITGO Getting Started Tutorial (Video)
Smart Card Access
Smart Cards are the preferred authentication method for accessing CITGO.
To obtain a portable folding Smart Card reader, contact the OCIO ServiceDesk at 404-639-6000 (Atlanta) or 1-888-647-3375 (outside Atlanta) to have one mailed to you.
Using MFA Authentication - Click here.
Network Access Requirements
High-speed broadband connections, such as DSL or cable-modem work best for accessing CITGO.
If you are using a wireless network or connecting via a cellular based device, ensure you have a strong signal (4 or more ‘bars’). A weak signal will affect your CITGO session performance.
Citrix Client Software Requirement for Personally Owned Equipment
- Download here Installing this software may require an account with administrative privileges.
- The Skype for Business HDX Realtime Media Engine (RTME) client for can be installed from here
- Citrix client clean up utility. Use this utility to remove all traces of Citrix Receiver client software from the computer. This is utility is sometimes needed to address corrupted Citrix Receiver installs.
This utility also requires an account with administrative privileges.
Note: CDC Government Owned Equipment has the Citrix Receiver & RTME client installed as part of the initial setup with updates managed through software pushes from OCIO.
Operating System Requirement
CITGO works best when using one of the following recommended operating systems (OS):
- Windows 10 - With latest Microsoft security patches through Windows Update– Recommended
- Macintosh OS X – Limited support by OCIO ServiceDesk.
- Linux – Not supported by OCIO ServiceDesk.
- Apple iOS – Not supported by OCIO ServiceDesk.
- Android – Not supported by OCIO ServiceDesk.
How to Access and Disconnect from CITGO User Guides (Word.doc)
CITGO PIV for Mac
Best Practices for using Skype for Business in CITGO
- Ensure you have the Skype for Business Real-time Media client installed, see clients above.
- Exit Skype on the local desktop or in CITGO before starting Skype calls:
- Right click the Skype icon and select Exit. Do not select Sign-out.
- Do not allow both instances of Skype to run simultaneously.
- To prevent audio echoing during Skype calls and meetings:
- Always use a headset or earbuds.
- Do not use laptop speaker or other speakers for audio.
- Make sure headset volume does not allow the listening device to pick up the speaker’s voice.
- Confirm Citrix HDX RealTime Connector for Skype Optimization:
- Look for the “Blue Bow-tie” icon in the bottom right hand of the task bar.
- Right click the “Bow-tie” icon and select About to confirm version 22.214.171.1249 or newer.
- Setup Steps for Using Skype for Business Audio in CITGO with a USB Headset can be found here
Requests for Applications in CITGO
CITGO Audio Troubleshooting
Requests for a Developer Virtual Desktop
This page was last updated April 15, 2022.