- 2012-15 Bait Box Intervention (CT) -- A prospective, blinded, placebo-controlled trial to evaluate the efficacy of commercially available, rodent-targeted bait boxes to prevent Lyme and other tickborne diseases in humans.
- Pilot study began in 2012 with 125 households
- In 2013 the study will expand to 500 additional households
- 2011-12 Lyme and Other Tickborne Diseases Prevention Study (CT, MD, NY) -- A prospective, blinded, placebo-controlled trial of 2500 households to evaluate the efficacy of a single springtime application of commercially available, EPA-registered acaricide (bifenthrin) to prevent Lyme and other tickborne diseases in humans. Analysis of results is underway.
- Underreporting Study (MD, MN, NY) -- study to determine the degree to which Lyme and other tickborne diseases are underreported and explore methods to enhance surveillance.
- Laboratory Survey (CT, MD, MN, NY) -- survey of 10 major commercial labs to determine current testing methods and volume for 5 tickborne diseases. Analysis of results is underway.