Ixodes scapularis (blacklegged tick)
- 2014-2016 Cost of Lyme Disease (COLD) study -- A prospective, descriptive study among Lyme disease patients in CT, MD, MN, and NY to assess total societal and individual level costs of Lyme disease.
- 2012-16 Bait Box Intervention (CT) -- A prospective, blinded, placebo-controlled trial to evaluate the efficacy of commercially available, rodent-targeted bait boxes to prevent Lyme and other tickborne diseases in humans.
- Pilot study began in 2012 with 125 households.
- In 2013, the study expanded to 500 additional households.
- 2011-12 Lyme and Other Tickborne Diseases Prevention Study (CT, MD, NY) -- A prospective, blinded, placebo-controlled trial of 2700 households to evaluate the efficacy of a single springtime application of commercially available, EPA-registered acaricide (bifenthrin) to prevent Lyme and other tickborne diseases in humans.
- Hinckley AF, Meek JI, Ray JAE, Niesobecki SA, Connally NP, Feldman KA, Jones EH, Backenson PB, White JL, Lukacik G, Kay AB, Miranda WP, Mead PS. Effectiveness of Residential Acaricides to Prevent Lyme and Other Tickborne Diseases in Humans. J Infect Dis. Published online January 5, 2016.
- Underreporting Study (MD, MN, NY) -- Study to determine the degree to which Lyme and other tickborne diseases are underreported and explore methods to enhance surveillance.
- Laboratory Survey (CT, MD, MN, NY) -- A survey of major commercial testing labs to determine current testing methods and volume for common tickborne diseases. Researchers used survey data from large commercial laboratories in the United States to estimate the cost of testing and number of infections among patients from whom specimens were submitted.
- Hinckley AF, Connally NP, Meek JI, Johnson BJ, Kemperman MM, Feldman KA, White JL, Mead PS. Lyme Disease Testing by Large Commercial Laboratories in the United States. Clin Infect Dis. 2014 Sep 1;59(5):676-81.
- Connally NP, Hinckley AF, Feldman KA, Kemperman MM, Neitzel D, Wee SB, White JL, Mead PS, Meek JI. Testing practices and volume of non-Lyme tickborne diseases in the United States. Ticks Tick Borne Dis. 2016 Feb;7(1):193-8.
- Page last reviewed: December 2, 2015
- Page last updated: January 7, 2016
- Content source: