Clinical Guidelines and Tools
The clinical practice guidelines for the management of sepsis, International Guidelines for Management of Severe Sepsis and Septic Shock: 2012, were recently updated by the Surviving Sepsis Campaign, which is a joint collaboration of the Society of Critical Care Medicine and the European Society of Intensive Care Medicine (read more about the Surviving Sepsis Campaign )
Based on these guidelines, the Surviving Sepsis Campaign partnered with the Institute for Healthcare Improvement to create Bundles to help frontline providers implement the guidelines.
Below are links to the clinical guidelines, bundles, education including training courses and CME, and sample sepsis screening tools.
Education and Training
- American Association of Critical-Care Nurses: Severe Sepsis Practice Alert
- Institute for Healthcare Improvement: Treating Sepsis in the Emergency Department and Beyond
- Medscape CME Activity: Guidelines Updated for Management of Severe Sepsis, Septic Shock
- Society of Critical Care Medicine: Sepsis Knowledge Area
- Surviving Sepsis Campaign: Webcasts, Presentations, Podcasts, Videos
Sepsis Screening Tools:
- Surviving Sepsis Campaign:
- Society of Critical Care Medicine: Rapid Identification of Sepsis - The Value of Screening Tools
- Page last reviewed: May 22, 2014
- Page last updated: May 22, 2014
- Content source: