Maintaining confidentiality is the primary objective of the Research Data Center. Together, the confidentiality orientation, confidentiality forms, and disclosure manual outline practices that are essential to protecting the data and preventing disclosure of confidential information.
The principal investigator and all research team members who come in contact with the data must take the confidentiality orientation and complete the confidentiality forms. It should take 10-20 minutes to complete the orientation. At the conclusion of the orientation, you will be asked to take a quiz. You need to score a 100%.
Because the forms are specific to the proposal, they will need to be completed each time you have a new approved proposal with the RDC.
- Agreement [PDF - 22 KB] Regarding conditions of access
- Designated Agent [PDF - 39 KB] (this form must be notarized)
These forms plus your confidentiality orientation certificate should be mailed to your RDC Analyst as soon as possible. You will not be permitted to begin your research if these forms have not been received.
- Disclosure Manual: Rules for Researchers [PDF - 212 KB]
- Confidentiality and Security of Data Collected by NCHS
- Statistical Policy Working Paper 22 - Report on Statistical Disclosure Limitation Methodology