Volume 10 — September 12, 2013
Erratum, Vol. 10, August 15 Release
Suggested citation for this article: Erratum, Vol. 10, August 15 Release. Prev Chronic Dis 2013;10:120274e. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5888/pcd10.120274e.
In the article “Bringing Bike Share to a Low-Income Community: Lessons Learned Through Community Engagement, Minneapolis, Minnesota, 2011,” a section of Box 1, “Summary of Themes From Near North Focus Group Participants About the Nice Ride Bike Share System, Minneapolis, Minnesota, 2011,” was inadvertently omitted. The third section, “Ideas for program improvements,” lists the following items:
- Partner with community organizations and agencies to increase awareness of Nice Ride and its benefits and to get discounted subscriptions to low-income individuals.
- Conduct targeted outreach: use images of Near North residents and destinations in advertisements; hold community events.
- Accommodate recreational use by increasing the trip-time limit (at least for some bikes).
- Make subscriptions more accessible and convenient to purchase by selling them at local stores.
- Connect bike share systems with transit systems so they can be used as an integrated system.
The correction was made to our website on August 23, 2013, and appears online at http://www.cdc.gov/pcd/issues/2013/12_0274.htm. We regret any confusion or inconvenience this error may have caused.
The opinions expressed by authors contributing to this journal do not necessarily reflect the opinions of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, the Public Health Service, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, or the authors' affiliated institutions.