Activity 3: Strategic Planning—The State Oral Health Plan
Infrastructure Development Tools
Framework for Comprehensive State Oral Health Plans
This figure describes a framework for comprehensive state oral health plans.
To set state objectives, the plan should draw from data on
- Oral disease burden and target populations.
- Proven prevention approaches.
- Best practices.
- Barriers to implementing disease prevention programs in that state.
Data also should include societal influences, current state program capacity, and environmental analysis.
These data should allow a state to plan feasible strategies to improve the oral health of its target populations.
Data on what has been achieved by these efforts, drawn from process, outcome, and impact evaluation, then provide further knowledge for evidenced-based decision making.
Top of Page
- Page last reviewed: July 10, 2013
- Page last updated: July 10, 2013
- Content source: