Dialysis Component Training
Data Collection and Reporting Modules
Outpatient Dialysis Facilities
To get started with NHSN, the facility must first be enrolled. If the facility is enrolled, a user of that facility with administrator rights can add you as a user. If no one has access to the facility, contact the NHSN Helpdesk for assistance.
See below for resources to help you get started with NHSN.
- Facility Enrollment Resources
- Set-up Resources
Dialysis Event (DE) Surveillance
- Dialysis Event Surveillance Training April 2014
- Required annually for all users participating in Dialysis Event Surveillance.
- Free Continuing Education course# WB2351
- Dialysis Event Protocol - English March 2014 [PDF
- 276 KB]
Reading the Dialysis Event Protocol is a required part of training.
- NHSN Dialysis Event Surveillance homepage
Prevention Process Measures (PPM) Monitoring
- Dialysis Prevention Process Measures (PPM) Protocol. March 2015 [PDF
- 490 KB]
Reading the Dialysis Prevention Process Measures - Hand Hygiene Protocol is required for all users participating in PPM surveillance
- Dialysis Prevention Process Measures homepage
Central Line Insertion Practices (CLIP) Adherence Monitoring
- Central Line Insertion Practices (CLIP) Training
Required annually for all users participating in CLIP Surveillance.
- Central Line Insertion Practices (CLIP) Adherence January 2015 [PDF
- 86 KB]
Reading the Central Line Insertion Practices (CLIP) Adherence Protocol is required for all users participating in CLIP monitoring.
- Surveillance for Central Line Insertion Practices (CLIP) Adherence
Healthcare Personnel Vaccination Monitoring
- HCP Influenza Vaccination Summary: General Training. August 2014 [PDF
- 4 MB]
General training slides on collecting and entering HCP Influenza Vaccination Summary data.
- HCP Influenza Vaccination Summary: Dialysis Facilities Adobe April 2015 [PDF
- 2 MB]
Training slides covering dialysis facility reporting requirements for the 2015-2016 influenza season.
- Page last reviewed: May 18, 2015
- Page last updated: May 18, 2015
- Content source: