2009 NHIS Paradata File
The 2009 NHIS Paradata File contains data about the NHIS data collection process. It may be used as a stand-alone data file or linked to the NHIS 2009 health data files.
The Paradata File Description Document gives an overview of the 2009 Paradata File, including information about the sample design, weighting, and variables found on the file. Appendix I of this Description Document contains an example of SAS code that can be used to link the 2009 Paradata File with the 2009 regular health data files.
An ASCII data set containing paradata for the 2009 survey year (PARADATA.EXE) can be downloaded via the Dataset link below.
Dataset documentation for the Paradata File consists of a variable summary, variable layout and variable frequencies. Sample input programs are also provided.
- Paradata File Description Document [PDF - 78 KB]
- Dataset [EXE - 1.2 MB]
- Variable Summary [PDF - 68 KB]
- Variable Layout [PDF - 262 KB]
- Variable Frequencies [PDF - 58 KB]
- Sample SAS Statements [SAS - 28 KB]
- Sample SPSS Statements [SPS - 23 KB]
- Sample STATA Statements [DO - 26 KB]