Healthy People 2000 Progress Review
Diabetes and Chronic Disabling Conditions
Date: April 7, 1999
Time: 2-4:30 p.m.
This will not be a live broadcast. This Web page displays the data and graphs that will be used at the progress review. A summary of the discussion will be presented in the Office of Disease Prevention and Health Promotion's (ODPHP) Progress Report on this Healthy People priority area. A link to ODPHP's Web site is listed below.
Dr. David Satcher, Assistant Secretary for Health and Surgeon General, will be joined by a panel of experts representing the public and private health sectors. Jennifer Madans, Ph.D., Associate Director for Science, CDC will review the progress towards the targets for the objectives in Diabetes and Chronic Disabling Conditions priority area of Healthy People 2000. The participants will then engage in a discussion that focuses on three main topics.
- New information in Diabetes - incorporating new information about diabetes and its management;
- Health disparities - identify and correct factors which account for disparities in diabetes - related health outcomes among populations;
- National Diabetes Education Program - establishing an integrated and coordinated national program to integrate clinical and public health strategies to reduce the burden of diabetes.
Data presentation [PDF - 465 KB]
Jennifer Madans, Ph.D., Associate Director for Science
- Summary tables [PDF - 33 KB]
- Individual objectives table [PDF - 105 KB]
- Objective charts (color) [PDF - 272 KB]
- Objective charts (black and white) [PDF - 422 KB]
- National Health Interview Survey [PDF - 6 KB]
- National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey [PDF - 5 KB]
- National Hospital Discharge Survey [PDF - 5 KB]
- National Vital Statistics System - Mortality Component [PDF - 6 KB]
- Page last reviewed: November 6, 2015
- Page last updated: October 14, 2009
- Content source: