Information for Families
This section of the website has tools and information about sickle cell disease (SCD) for families.
How much do you know about SCD?
Take this quiz to test your knowledge.
Facts about SCD
Learn basic information about SCD, including types, symptoms, and diagnoses.
Complications and Treatments
Find out about the most common complications and treatments with SCD
Sickle Cell Trait
Learn about sickle cell trait concerns and complications.
What You Should Know
Tips for Healthy Living
Find printable tip sheets for living with SCD, including tips to help prevent infection and tips on when to see a doctor. Click on one of the following tip sheets to get started.
- Living Well With Sickle Cell Disease
- Living Well With Sickle Cell Disease in College
- Five Tips To Help Prevent Infection
- Emergency Guide: When To See the Doctor
Links to Other Websites
Find more information about SCD, including support groups, genetic counseling, and clinical research trials.
- Page last reviewed: September 14, 2015
- Page last updated: September 20, 2011
- Content source: