Gay and Bisexual Men's Health
MSM / LGBT Health-Related Reference Materials
- Fenway Institute: Reference Library of LGBT Health Education Programs and Resources
- Improving Health Care for the Lesbian and Gay Communities, New England Journal of Medicine
- Medline Plus: Gay and Lesbian Health
- Healthy People 2020: LGBT Health
- Sexual Orientation and Health Among U.S. Adults: National Health Interview Survey, 2013
- Estimating the population size of men who have sex with men in the United States to obtain HIV and syphilis rates. Purcell DW, Johnson CH, Lansky A, Prejean J, Stein R, Denning P, Gau Z, Weinstock H, Su J, Crepaz N. Open AIDS J. 2012;6:98-107. doi: 10.2174/1874613601206010098. Epub 2012 Sep 7. PMID: 23049658
- International Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Trans and Intersex Association
- Notes from the field: Serogroup C Invasive Meningococcal Disease Among Men Who Have Sex with Men - New York City, 2010-2012 . MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2013 Jan 4; 61(51-52):1048. PMID: 23282863
Resources for Educators
- Resources for adults and advisors (from the Gay-Straight Alliance Network)
- Programs to improve supportive environments for LGBT youth (from the Gay, Lesbian, Straight Education Network)
- Creating Safe Space for GLBTQ Youth: A Toolkit (from Advocates for Youth)
- Safe & Supportive Schools Project (American Psychological Association)
- Act Against AIDS – A 5-year National campaign launched by CDC and the White House to combat complacency about HIV and AIDS in the United States.
- Start Talking. Stop HIV.– Seeks to reduce new HIV infections among gay and bisexual men by encouraging open discussion among partners about a range of HIV prevention strategies and related sexual health issues.
- Testing Makes Us Stronger – A campaign to encourage black gay and bisexual men to get tested for HIV.
- Reasons/Razones – A campaign to encourage Hispanic/Latino gay and bisexual men to get tested for HIV.
- We Can Stop HIV One Conversation At A Time – Encourages Hispanics/Hispanic/Latinos to talk openly about HIV/AIDS with their families, friends, partners, and communities.
- Let’s Stop HIV Together – Raises awareness about HIV and its impact on the lives of all Americans and fights stigma by showing that persons with HIV are real people.
- HIV Treatment Works – This campaign features people from the United States who are living with HIV, talking about how sticking with care and treatment helps them stay healthy, protect others, and live longer, healthier lives.
- Tips From Former Smokers – This campaign profiles real people who are living with serious long-term health effects from smoking and secondhand smoke exposure
Health Services – Affordable Care Act
- The Affordable Care Act Helps LGBT Americans
- HIV, Hepatitis, STD, and TB Preventive Services Covered Without Cost-Sharing Tables
- Health and Access to Care and Coverage for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender Individuals in the U.S.
- The ACA and LGBT Individuals: New Options for Coverage & Care
- Health Insurance Marketplace - Outreach & Education
- HIV Risk, Prevention, and Testing Behaviors – National Behavioral HIV Surveillance System, MSM–20 U.S. Cities, 2011
- MMWR: Men Living with Diagnosed HIV Who Have Sex with Men: Progress Along the Continuum of HIV Care-United States, 2010
- STDs in Men Who Have Sex With Men-2013 Sexually Transmitted Diseases Surveillance
- Youth Risk Behavior Surveillance-United States, 2013. See also the Erratum.