This section contains information from the Procurement and Grants Office (PGO) on post award administration as well as guidance and templates for common PGO prior approval requests, including change in key personnel, consultant approval, contract approval, redirection of funds, request for carryover of unobligated funds, no-cost extension, and change in scope.
- Post Award Administration – Prior Approval Guidance [pdf 123K]
- Carryover of Unobligated Funds [pdf 131K]
- Change in Principal Investigator or Business Official [pdf 51K]
- Change in Scope [pdf 53K]
- Consultant Approval [pdf 49K]
- Contract Approval [pdf 49K]
- Extensions – No Cost and Low Cost [pdf 54K]
- Redirection of Funds [pdf 84K]
- Response to Weaknesses [pdf 47K]
- Guidelines for Budget Preparation [pdf 166K]
Guidance is offered for the preparation of a budget request. Following this guidance will facilitate the review and approval of a requested budget by insuring that the required or needed information is provided.
- Additional PGO Grantee Guidance Resources
Policy and Financial Reference Guides
HHS Grants Policy Statement [PDF 1.3M]
The Department of Health and Human Services Grant Policy Statement (HHS GPS) makes available to HHS grantees, in a single document, up-to-date policy guidance to serve as the administrative terms and conditions of HHS discretionary grant awards. This document is also designed to be useful to those interested in HHS grant programs by providing information about HHS and its discretionary grant process.
Financial Reference Guide for Managing CDC Grants and Cooperative Agreements [PDF 662K]
This Guide was developed to serve as an effective tool for managing the business aspects of CDC grants and cooperative agreements. The Guide explains the relevant financial processes involved in grant and cooperative agreement management and provides references to enhance your understanding of the policies and requirements governing federal funding.