Air Quality and Emergencies
Smoke from wildfires can affect the air that you breathe. Use these resources to protect your family’s health if there’s a wildfire in your area.
- Prescribed Fires and Air Quality
- Wildfires — Emergency Preparedness and Response
- Wildfires: What YOU Need to Know (Public Health Matters Blog)
- Wildfires: Information for Pregnant Women and Parents of Young Infants
- Fires: Current Conditions (AirNow)
- Wildfire Smoke: A Guide for Public Health Officials (California Air Resources Board) [PDF - 1.37 MB]
When volcanoes erupt, they release ash and harmful gases that can make it hard to breathe. Find out how to stay safe during and after a volcanic eruption.
- Key Facts About Protecting Yourself During a Volcanic Eruption
- Key Facts About Protecting Yourself After a Volcanic Eruption
Learn more about substances that can be released into the air during a volcanic eruption:
- Page last reviewed: November 4, 2014
- Page last updated: April 20, 2016
- Content source: