Recognizing the Biosafety Levels (for CNE)
ACTIVITY NUMBER: WB2391
(Scroll down to start the program)
The content experts for this program are from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention,
Elizabeth Weirich, MS, Public Health Analyst
Marina Costarides, EdS, Health Education Specialist
March 10, 2014 – March 10, 2016
To view this program the following equipment is needed: A computer equipped with an internet connection and compatible browser software.
The intended audience for this quick-learn lesson are nurses and microbiology laboratory professionals working in clinical, public health, research, veterinary, and academic settings. This training may also be of interest to paraprofessionals, and other healthcare providers.
No prerequisite knowledge is required.
This module is a web-based course.
Recognizing the Biosafety Levels - A Quick-Learn Lesson is an interactive, web-based lesson. The quick-learn lesson presents learning on the four biosafety levels, knowledge check questions, and resource materials. To receive continuing education credit participants can take a post-test (see information below).
At the conclusion of the session, the participant will be able to accomplish the following:
- Identify the four levels of biosafety
For content-related questions, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
METHOD OF PARTICIPATION:
You may participate in the educational activity by viewing the program.
To receive Continuing Education
To evaluate this educational activity, receive a certificate, and print-out an on-going transcript of your CE activities for credits/contact hours, please go to: www.cdc.gov/TCEOnline.
- Select Participant Login to login. If you are new to TCEO, select New Participant to create a user ID and password.
- On the Participant Services page, select the Search and Register link.
- Enter the Course Number WB2391 and click on View.
- Click on the course, and scroll down to Register Here. Select the type of CE requested and then Submit.
- Either complete or verify the demographic information and select Submit.
- If you have already completed the course, select the option to take the evaluation.
- If you have not completed the course, you will be directed back to Participant Services. Under Evaluations and Tests you may access the course detail page, the course link, or the evaluation and/or posttest after completing the course.
- You will be asked to enter the Verification Code prior to completing the evaluation. Watch for this verification code which is provided during the Module. You must complete this process by March 10, 2016 when the continuing education expires.
- Complete the evaluation and Submit. If a posttest is required it will follow the evaluation.
- Your CE certificate will be located in the Transcript and Certificate section, located on the Participant Services page.
For assistance with the online system, send an e-mail to CE@cdc.gov call (800) 41-TRAIN Monday through Friday, 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM EST.
CNE: The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention is accredited as a provider of Continuing Nursing Education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.
This activity provides 0.3 contact hours.
DISCLOSURE: In compliance with continuing education requirements, all presenters must disclose any financial or other associations with the manufacturers of commercial products, suppliers of commercial services, or commercial supporters as well as any use of unlabeled product(s) or product(s) under investigational use.
CDC, our planners, our content experts, and their spouses/partners wish to disclose they have no financial interests or other relationships with the manufacturers of commercial products, suppliers of commercial services, or commercial supporters.
Planners have reviewed content to ensure there is no bias. Content will not include any discussion of the unlabeled use of a product or a product under investigational use.
CDC does not accept commercial support.
This course is sponsored by CDC and is provided at no cost to participants.