State and Local Health Departments
Prepare for Zika
Monitor the Situation
Key Health Department Actions
State and local public health agencies can:
- Test for Zika virus or work with CDC’s Arbovirus Diagnostic Laboratory to test for Zika virus when indicated.
- Report laboratory-confirmed cases to CDC through ArboNET, the national surveillance system for arboviral disease.
- Participate in the US Zika Pregnancy Registry.
- Activate or enhance mosquito surveillance and control activities.
- Implement strategies to increase access to long-acting reversible contraception (LARC).
|Get the Zika Action Sheet||Increasing Access to Contraception|
- Page last reviewed: August 3, 2017
- Page last updated: August 3, 2017
- Content source: