Preventing Melanoma infographics
LET’S START NOW
Community skin cancer prevention programs can prevent future melanoma cases and decrease treatment costs. 21,000 Melanoma cases prevented every year beginning in 2020 through 2030. $250 Million Projected savings every year beginning in 2020 through 2030.
What does community prevention look like Sun smart play area ?
- Sun smart outdoor recreation
- Sun smart play area
- Sun smart work
- Sun smart community pools
To protect your skin:
- Wear a wide-brimmed hat, sunglasses, and other protective clothing outdoors.
- Find shade, especially during midday hours.
- Use broad-spectrum sunscreen with SPF 15 or higher regularly and reapply as directed. Sunscreen is most effective when used with other sun protection (hats, sunglasses, protective clothing, shade).
- Avoid sunbathing and indoor tanning.
The Guide to Community Preventive ServicesExternal recommends community-wide programs that combine education, mass media campaigns, and policy changes to increase skin protection.