The VEHSS team identified six national surveys to serve as data sources for the surveillance system. The included surveys are as follows (in alphabetical order):
- American Community Survey (ACS)
- Behavioral Risk Factor Surveillance System (BRFSS)
- National Health Interview Survey (NHIS)
- National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey (NHANES)
- National Survey of Children’s Health (NSCH)
Additional detail on surveys and survey instruments not currently included in VEHSS is available in the Review of National Surveys Report.
Documentation on the analysis process for national surveys included in VEHSS.