Section 4: Additional Resources
The following online resources provide additional information, evaluation tools, and advice on how to conduct practical, feasible, and useful evaluations:
- CDC Evaluation Resources provides an extensive list of resources for evaluation, as well as links to key professional associations and key journals.
- RE-AIMexternal icon provides a framework designed to enhance the quality, speed, and public health impact of efforts to translate research into practice in five areas: reach, efficacy, adoption, implementation, and maintenance.
- CDC’s Developing an Effective Evaluation Plan pdf icon[PDF – 2.4MB] provides worksheets and a step-by-step guide to developing an evaluation plan.
- The Evaluation Resource Centerexternal icon is maintained by the Healthcare Georgia Foundation. It offers online evaluation tools and services tailored to public health and nonprofit health organizations.
- The K. Kellogg Foundationexternal icon offers a variety of evaluation resources, including a step-by-step guide, a handbook, and a logic model development guide.
- Designing Evaluationspdf iconexternal icon is a handbook from the US Government Accountability Office that provides information on evaluation designs, approaches, and standards.
- Selecting and Working with an External Evaluatorpdf iconexternal icon was developed by the Healthcare Georgia Foundation. It provides practical and useful information about finding, hiring, and working with an external evaluator.
- The Magenta Book: Guidance for Evaluationpdf iconexternal icon provides an in-depth look at evaluation. Part A is for policymakers and explains the benefits and requirements of a good evaluation and outlines steps that policymakers can follow to make a good evaluation of their intervention more feasible. Part B is more technical and is for analysts (or interested policymakers) and it describes the key steps to follow when planning and conducting an evaluation in more detail.
- The Community Tool Box: Chapter 36. Section 1. A Framework for Program Evaluation: A Gateway to Toolsexternal icon describes why evaluations are important. It also describes a framework for program evaluation and standards for developing a strong program evaluation.
- The Non-Researcher’s Guide to Evidence-Based Program Evaluationpdf iconexternal icon provides an overview of program evaluation, including goals, types, and designs.
- The Step-By-Step Guide to Evaluation: How to Become Savvy Evaluation Consumersexternal icon provides a framework, detailed information, and tips for conducting an evaluation to guide and track program strategies.
- Selecting an Appropriate Evaluation Designpdf iconexternal icon provides background information on how to design project evaluations. It describes different approaches, as well as factors to consider when choosing an evaluation design.
Page last reviewed: February 12, 2020