This page contains a list of publications that use NISVS data published within the last 5 years.
Published Journal Articles:
- Merrick MT, Basile KC, Zhang X, Smith SG, Kresnow M. (2018). Characterizing sexual violence victimization in youth: 2012 National Intimate Partner and Sexual Violence Survey. American Journal of Preventive Medicine, 54(4), 596-599. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.amepre.2018.01.014
- Breiding MJ, Basile KC, Klevens J, & Smith SG. (2017). Economic Insecurity and Intimate Partner and Sexual Violence Victimization. American Journal of Preventive Medicine, 53(4), 457-464. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.amepre.2017.03.021
- Basile KC, Breiding MJ, & Smith SG. (2016). Disability and risk of recent sexual violence in the United States. American Journal of Public Health, 106(5), 928-933. https://ajph.aphapublications.org/doi/10.2105/AJPH.2015.303004
- Breiding MJ, & Armour BS. (2015). The association between disability and intimate partner violence in the United States. Annals of Epidemiology, 25, 455-457. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.annepidem.2015.03.017
- Krebs C, Breiding MJ, Browne A, & Warner T. (2011). The association between different types of intimate partner violence experienced by women. Journal of Family Violence, 26(6), 487-500. doi: 10.1007/s10896-011-9383-3
National Intimate Partner and Sexual Violence Survey (NISVS) Data Access
The 2010 NISVS data are available at no cost. This information is archived in the National Archive of Criminal Justice at ICPSR. On that site, you will find the 2010 codebook, survey instrument, and documentation regarding the data. The raw data are in a restricted access database, which have specific requirements for obtaining them. Learn more about these data and obtain information about the application process on the Access Notes page.