This outbreak investigation is over. However, Vibrio is an important cause of illness in the United States. For information on steps people can take to reduce their risk of Vibrio infection from crab meat, read the Advice to Consumers, Restaurants, and Retailers.
- FDA Investigated Multistate Outbreakof Vibrio parahaemolyticus Linked to Fresh Crab Meat Imported from VenezuelaExternal
- State Urges Marylanders Not To Consume Fresh Crab Meat Imported From VenezuelaExternal
- FDA Advises Consumers to Avoid Potentially Contaminated Fresh Crab Meat Imported from Venezuela due to Vibrio parahaemolyticusExternal
- Vibriosis Prevention Tips
- General Food Safety Information
- Foodborne Outbreaks
- Report a Foodborne Illness