If you are visiting friends and family in an area with a risk of Zika, there are simple ways you can enjoy your trip and stay safe.
Protect yourself and your loved ones from Zika before, during, and after your visit.
Check out the latest resources and tips below.
During Your Trip
It’s easy to prevent Zika during your trip:
- Follow CDC’s tips to prevent bites from mosquitoes that spread Zika.
- Wear long pants and long-sleeved shirts.
- Stay in rooms with air conditioning, or windows with door screens. If you’re sleeping outdoors, use a bed net.
- Zika can be sexually transmitted. To prevent the spread of Zika, use condoms every time you have sex.
Resources for Travelers
Free printed copies are available for some publications. To order, please visit CDC-INFO on Demand.
Resources for Pregnant Women
- Page last reviewed: September 13, 2018
- Page last updated: September 13, 2018
- Content source: