2017 News Reports By Month
- Barber A, Muscoplat MH, Fedorowicz A. Coverage with Tetanus, Diphtheria, and Acellular Pertussis Vaccine and Influenza Vaccine Among Pregnant Women — Minnesota, March 2013–December 2014 MMWR. 2017;66(02);56-9.
Measures are needed to improve adequacy of prenatal care and reduce health disparities among minority, poor, and non–U.S.-born women to address maternal vaccination disparities...
- Marin M, Patel M, Oberste S, Pallansch MA. Guidance for Assessment of Poliovirus Vaccination Status and Vaccination of Children Who Have Received Poliovirus Vaccine Outside the United States MMWR. 2017;66(01);23-5.
This report summarizes current Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP) recommendations for poliovirus vaccination and provides CDC guidance, in the context of the switch from tOPV to bOPV, regarding assessment of vaccination status and vaccination of children who might have received poliovirus vaccine outside the United States, to ensure that children living in the United States (including immigrants and refugees) are protected against all three poliovirus types...
- Bahl S, Hampton LM, Bhatnagar P, Rao GS, Haldar P, Sangal L, et al. Notes from the Field: Detection of Sabin-Like Type 2 Poliovirus from Sewage After Global Cessation of Trivalent Oral Poliovirus Vaccine — Hyderabad and Ahmedabad, India, August–September 2016 MMWR. 2017;65(52);1493–4.
This investigation underscores the importance of maintaining robust surveillance for polioviruses and of immunization workers being alert for tOPV vials in cold chain storage and reporting any tOPV vials that they find...
- Page last reviewed: January 5, 2017
- Page last updated: January 19, 2017
- Content source: