Planning Your NIIW
The planning guidance outlined below will help you create a NIIW program that is tailored to the needs of your community. Some communities will have the resources to undertake major initiatives, while others may focus on more modest, targeted activities. Either way, think strategically about how NIIW activities can meet your objectives for the week as well as contribute to your year-long immunization goals. And remember your local efforts make you a part of a global immunization initiative as the US through NIIW joins together with over 180 Member States, territories, and areas through World Immunization Week.
- Lay the Foundation pdf icon[4 pages]
Review past and existing programs, assess needs and resources, and determine clear objectives for your NIIW.
- Plan Your Successful NIIW pdf icon[20 pages]
Follow a systematic process to identify and select activities that will meet your objectives and establish clear steps to turn your ideas into action.
- Build Partnerships to Support Immunization Activities pdf icon[3 pages]
Identify new partners and expand existing partnerships to support your NIIW activities.
- Appendix A: Identifying Partners Worksheet word icon[2 pages]
- Appendix B: Partnerships Selection Criteria Worksheet word icon[2 pages]
- Appendix C: Work Plan Template word icon[1 page]
- Appendix D: Partnership Agreement Template word icon[6 pages]
- Appendix E: Assessing the Partnership Process word icon[2 pages]
- Appendix F: Meeting Partnership Goals word icon[2 pages]
- Evaluate Activities pdf icon[3 pages]
Assess accomplishments and lessons learned so you can build on success and strengthen future activities.
- Develop Immunization Champions pdf icon[2 pages]
A champion can help promote your program and help give a face to your cause. Review steps for developing and working with a champion.
- Planning Templates
Use these templates as needed to assist with your planning efforts.
- Keep the Momentum Going
Review 7 ways to keep the momentum generated from NIIW going throughout the year.