NIIW Media Tools
Reaching out on multiple media channels can help inform a broad range of people about National Infant Immunization Week messages and your NIIW activities:
- You can pitch and place print, radio, and television public service announcements (PSAs) with local media outlets.
- Use newer media, such as Internet sites, micro-blogs like Twitter, and social networks like Facebook and Instagram. See Social Media under Web and E-tools.
- include more traditional media – newspapers, magazines, radio stations, and television stations. Below are materials that may help you in your outreach.
National Infant Immunization Week Song in Spanish
This ballad was developed by US-Mexico Border Health Commission to promote immunizations and celebrate NIIW. Listen to the song in Spanish or download lyrics in Spanish [1 page] or English [1 page].
Visit the Childhood Immunization Resources page to view educational videos and broadcast-quality radio and television PSAs.
Materials to help you in your media outreach.
Historic background and current status of annual observance.
Key messages help everybody in your organization speak with one voice about your NIIW programs.
Customize this document and offer to your state/local official to make NIIW official!
Sample articles are available for you to customize and send directly to state and local media outlets or use in newsletters, blogs, or other publications.
- Drop-in articles for parents/public are available in English and Spanish.
- Drop-in articles for health and child care professionals can be inserted into English-language professional publications or websites.
- Page last reviewed: December 12, 2016
- Page last updated: November 17, 2017
- Content source: