COVID-19 Vaccination Communication Toolkit
To promote vaccine confidence among Healthcare Providers
CDC will continue to add more materials to this toolkit. Please check back frequently for updates.
Who is this toolkit for?
This toolkit is designed for medical centers, clinics, pharmacies, and clinicians
What is the purpose of this toolkit?
This toolkit is intended for healthcare provider staff to promote vaccination among healthcare provider staff. You can use these materials to educate and build confidence in COVID-19 vaccination, raise awareness about the benefits of vaccination, and address common questions and concerns.
For additional details to inform your communication with staff, read the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices Considerations for COVID-19 Vaccination of Healthcare Personnel and Long-Term Care Facility Residents.
- Review How to Build Confidence in COVID-19 Vaccines: A Short Guide for Immunization Coordinators in Medical Centers and Clinicspdf icon. This guide presents 6 strategies to build vaccine confidence within a health system or clinicpdf icon. It includes tangible actions to promote confidence, communication, and uptake of COVID-19 vaccine, which can help support confidence among providers and patients.
- Use the Communications and Confidence Readiness Checklistpdf icon to assess the readiness of your facility to promote COVID-19 vaccine to healthcare personnel. Each activity in the checklist includes links to corresponding CDC resources that you can tailor to the needs of your facility.
- Use CDC’s Vaccinate with Confidence strategy to reinforce confidence in COVID-19 vaccines.
- Use the COVID-19 Vaccine Confidence Conversation Starterpdf icon to engage healthcare providers during an in-person or virtual meeting to identify tailored approaches to promote vaccine confidence within a facility.
- Adapt key messages to the language, tone, and format that will resonate with your organization.
- Print copies of posters and use them as handouts or post them in highly visible places in your offices, buildings, and other employee locations.
- Building Vaccine Confidence in Health Systems and Clinics: Tips for Immunization/Vaccine Coordinatorsppt icon. This presentation focuses on what immunization coordinators can do to build vaccine confidence within their health system or clinic. Information about COVID-19 vaccines, safety monitoring, and elements of vaccine confidence is also presented.
- COVID-19 Vaccine Basics: What Healthcare Personnel Need to Know.ppt icon This presentation educates healthcare personnel about basics of COVID-19 vaccines, what to expect if they get vaccinated, how the safety of vaccines is monitored, and the benefits of COVID-19 vaccination.
- Continue to educate your staff via articles, blog posts, and social media posts.
- Invite your staff to wear stickers once they have been vaccinated.
- Address myths and promote facts: Proactively address and mitigate the spread and harm of misinformation by sharing credible and accurate information.
- V-safe: Encourage all vaccinated staff to enroll in v-safe After Vaccination Health Checker and share answers to the frequently asked questions about v-safe.
Printable stickers for staff to wear once they’ve received their COVID-19 vaccine.
Compatible with full-sheet sticker paper or standard precut 1 2/3” labels.
View and Download COVID-19 Vaccine Stickers (also available in Spanish)
Visit CDC’s COVID-19 Vaccines Social Media Toolkit for sample social media messages and graphics for Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. The messages can be adapted to fit your organization’s needs.