Use of COVID-19 Vaccines in the United States
Interim Clinical Considerations
- New recommendation for children ages 6 months–4 years who previously completed a 3-dose monovalent Pfizer-BioNTech primary series to receive 1 bivalent Pfizer-BioNTech booster dose at least 2 months after completion of the monovalent primary series.
- Vaccination providers are now required to report cases of myocarditis and pericarditis after receipt of a Janssen COVID-19 Vaccine to the Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System (VAERS).
- Summary Document for Interim Clinical Considerations (Updated 12/12/2022)
- Interim COVID-19 Immunization Schedule (Updated 12/12/2022)
- COVID-19 Vaccination Schedule Infographic
- COVID-19 Vaccination Schedule Infographic (Immunocompromised)
- Special Situations for COVID-19 Vaccination of Children and Adolescents: Age Transitions and Interchangeability (Updated 12/09/2022)
- FAQs for the Interim Clinical Considerations
Receive email updates about this page.
- Guidance for use of Janssen COVID-19 Vaccine (Appendix A)
- People who received COVID-19 vaccine outside the United States (Appendix B)
- People who received COVID-19 vaccine as part of a clinical trial (Appendix C)
- Vaccine administration errors and deviations (Appendix D)
- Triage of people with a history of allergies or allergic reactions (Appendix E)