Journal articles describing the history of the ACIP, its role in the development and dissemination of vaccine recommendations and policies plus information on conflicts of interest and ACIP work groups.
- Smith JC. The structure, role, and procedures of the U.S. Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP) [8 pages] Vaccine. 2010;285;A68-A75.
- Walton LR, Orenstein WA, Pickering LK. The History of the United States Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP). doi:10.1016/j.vaccine.2014.09.043.
- Hinman AR, Poland GA. Celebrating the ACIP at 50. doi:10.1016/j.vaccine.2014.12.005.
- Smith JC, Hinman AR, Pickering LK. History and Evolution of the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices — United States, 1964-2014. MMWR 2014;63:955-8.
- Vaccine Supplement: Structure, Role, & Procedures of ACIP
Article describing the Role of National Advisory Committees in Supporting Evidence-based Decision Making for National Immunization Programs.
- Smith JC, Snider DE, Pickering LK. Immunization Policy Development in the United States: The Role of ACIP. Annals of Internal Medicine; 2009;150:1.
Article describing ACIP's role in the development and dissemination of vaccine recommendations and policies plus information on conflicts of interest and ACIP work groups.
- Page last reviewed: January 16, 2015
- Page last updated: March 26, 2015
- Content source: