Surveillance and Evaluation Resources
State Data and Statistics
- State Tobacco Activities Tracking and Evaluation (STATE) System
- Smoking-Attributable Mortality, Morbidity, and Economic Costs (SAMMEC)
Guidelines and Resources
- Conducting Quitline Evaluations: A Workbook for Tobacco Control Professionals
This workbook is designed to help facilitate the development of a quitline evaluation plan.
- Developing an Effective Evaluation Plan
This workbook is designed to help public health program managers, administrators, and evaluators develop an effective evaluation plan.
- Developing an Effective Evaluation Report
This workbook is designed to help public health program managers, administrators, and evaluators develop an effective evaluation report.
- Evaluation Toolkit for Smoke-Free Policies
This toolkit provides approaches to evaluating the effects of state policies and laws that restrict smoking in workplaces and public places.
- Introduction to Process Evaluation in Tobacco Use Prevention and Control
A guide that defines process evaluation and describes the rationale, benefits, key data collection components, and program evaluation management procedures.
- Preventing Initiation of Tobacco Use: Outcome Indicators for Comprehensive Tobacco Control Programs-2014
An updated guide that provides information on 62 preventing initiation outcome indicators to assist with program planning and evaluation.
- Promoting Quitting Among Adults and Young People: Outcome Indicators for Comprehensive Tobacco Control Programs-2015
An updated guide that provides information on 46 promoting quitting outcome indicators to assist with program planning and evaluation.
- Key Outcome Indicators for Evaluating Comprehensive Tobacco Control Programs
A guide that provides information on 120 key outcome indicators.
- Surveillance and Evaluation Data Resources for Comprehensive Tobacco Control Programs
This booklet is an at-a-glance compilation of surveillance and evaluation resources for comprehensive tobacco control programs. It is meant to be used by program managers and evaluators in planning and evaluating tobacco control programs.
- Introduction to Program Evaluation for Comprehensive Tobacco Control Programs
A guide for planning and implementing evaluation activities.
- Question Inventory on Tobacco
A tool that categorizes more than 1,000 tobacco-related questions.
- Cancer Prevention & Early Detection Facts & Figures
Facts and figures on tobacco use and tobacco control programs are included in this resource from the American Cancer Society.
- Page last reviewed: August 16, 2016
- Page last updated: August 16, 2016
- Content source: