2001 Surgeon General's Report
Women and Smoking
It is archived for historical purposes only.
- Complete Report
- Errata Notice
- Message from the Secretary of Health and Human Servicespdf icon [PDF–20 KB]
- Executive Summary
- At A Glance
- Efforts to Reduce Tobacco Use Among Women and Girls
- Health Consequences of Tobacco Use Among Women
- Marketing Cigarettes to Women
- Patterns of Tobacco Use Among Women and Girls
- Tobacco Use and Reproductive Outcomes
- What Is Needed to Reduce Smoking Among Women
Order 2001 Surgeon General’s Report documents from our Publications Catalog. In the Publications Catalog, type in 2001 SGR in the search box.
Disclaimer: Data and findings provided in the publications on this page reflect the content of this particular Surgeon General’s Report. More recent information may exist elsewhere on the Smoking & Tobacco Use Web site (for example, in fact sheets, frequently asked questions, or other materials that are reviewed on a regular basis and updated accordingly).