2000 Surgeon General's Report—Reducing Tobacco Use
It is archived for historical purposes only.
- At A Glance
- A Call for Action
- Clean Indoor Air Regulations
- Comprehensive Programs
- Management of Nicotine Addiction
- Minors’ Access to Tobacco
- The Impact of Educational Programs
- Tobacco Advertising and Promotion
- Tobacco Products
- Tobacco Timeline
- Warning Labels
Charts and Graphs
- Prevalence of Adults and Teens SmokingCdc-pdf [PDF–217 KB]
- Prevalence of Cigarette Smoking Among AdultsCdc-pdf [PDF–88 KB]
- Global Cigarette Prices and Taxes in U.S. Dollars, 1999Cdc-pdf [PDF–290 KB]
- Prevalence of Current Cigarette Use Among High School StudentsCdc-pdf [PDF–93 KB]
Order 2000 Surgeon General’s Report documents from our Publications Catalog. In the Publications Catalog, type in 2000 SGR in the search box.
Disclaimer: Data and findings provided in the publications on this page reflect the content of this particular Surgeon General’s Report. More recent information may exist elsewhere on the Smoking & Tobacco Use Web site (for example, in fact sheets, frequently asked questions, or other materials that are reviewed on a regular basis and updated accordingly).