I’m Ready to Quit!
It’s never too late to quit smoking. Quitting smoking now improves your health and reduces your risk of heart disease, cancer, lung disease, and other smoking-related illnesses. There are many resources available to help you quit smoking, including quitlines, educational materials, Web sites, and support groups. You can also talk to your doctor about other strategies for quitting that may be right for you.
- Smokefree.govexternal icon
- A Web site dedicated to helping you quit smoking.
- SmokefreeTXTexternal icon
- Free 24/7 quit help for adults and young adults texted to your phone!
- Smokefree Womenexternal icon
- A Web site that helps women quit smoking.
- Smokefree Teenexternal icon
- A Web site that helps teens quit smoking.
- Smokefree.gov en Españolexternal icon
- A Web site in Spanish dedicated to helping you quit smoking.
- Smokefree QuitGuide Appexternal icon
- Track your progress, receive encouraging reminders, and more on your smartphone. Available from iTunes.
- Help for Smokers and Other Tobacco Usersexternal icon
- Booklet that tells you about ways you can quit.
- Pathways to Freedom: Winning the Fight Against Tobacco
- Guide that addresses tobacco issues specific to African Americans.
- FDA 101: Smoking Cessation Productsexternal icon
- Article discussing FDA approved products that help you quit smoking.
- Quit Tobacco—Make Everyone Proudexternal icon
- A DoD-sponsored Web site for military personnel and their families.
- SmokefreeVetexternal icon
- A mobile text messaging service for veterans getting health care through the VA.
- What you Need to Know About Quitting
- BeTobaccoFree.govexternal icon
- One-stop shop with quit guidance for tobacco users, parents, educators, and health professionals.
- American Cancer Societyexternal icon
- Guide to quitting smoking.
- American Heart Associationexternal icon
- BecomeAnEX.orgexternal icon
- A free, online plan to help you quit smoking.
- North American Quitline Consortiumexternal icon
- To learn more about quitline services available in your state, click on your state!