Public Health Professionals
Partners play a critical role in CDC’s Tips From Former Smokers® (Tips®) campaign by extending the reach of the Tips ads. Partners can also help by sharing the ads’ life-saving message: Quit smoking and protect others from the dangers of secondhand smoke exposure!
The Tips campaign has a proven record of success in motivating people who smoke to quit for good, and CDC hopes the campaign can help your organization meet its public health goals, too.
Free Tips campaign resources are available for partners to use and promote.
Visit the Campaign Resources page to see all the Tips resources available for use. A few easy actions you can take include:
- Become familiar with the 2023 Tips campaign [PDF – 1.8MB], including details about the media buy, National Texting Portal, and information about the impact of the Tips campaign.
- Sharing CDC Tobacco Free Tips social media content via YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest.
- Downloading Tips print ads in English and Spanish and placing them in community and healthcare settings.
- Including prewritten Tips campaign matte articles in your organization’s newsletters.
- Learning how smoking affects specific groups of people.
- Promoting information and resources tailored specifically for healthcare providers and faith-based organizations.
- Featuring Tips site content in English or Spanish on your organization’s website with these instructions on CDC’s Content Syndication page.
- Visiting the Tips Newsroom for media resources.