TB Education and Training Network
2014 Project Excellence and TB Educator of the Year Awards
The TB Education and Training Network (TB ETN) will accept nominations for two awards from April 1—July 18, 2014:
- Project Excellence Award
- TB Educator of the Year Award
These two awards were established to recognize excellence in TB health education and training by TB ETN members around the world. The awards will be presented during the annual TB ETN conference (September 16-18, 2014) in Atlanta, GA.
To be considered for recognition, a completed nomination form, along with supporting documentation, must be received by TB ETN no later than July 18, 2014. Submissions will be reviewed by the TB ETN Conference Planning Workgroup and the TB ETN Steering Committee.
To be eligible for either award, a nominee must:
- Hold an “active” TB ETN membership*
- Be currently practicing in the area of TB education and training
* Individuals must have been registered as an “active” member of TB ETN for at least 6 months prior to nomination. Participation in a TB ETN workgroup is notan eligibility requirement for the awards.
Members may self-nominate or be nominated by someone else.
Nominees are not required to attend the TB ETN conference to receive an award.
Criteria and Nomination Requirements
Project Excellence Award
The Project Excellence award recognizes exceptional health education and training products or activities that have been developed by TB ETN members within the past 2 years.
Note: If the product or activity was developed as a group effort, please indicate the project lead or spokesperson on the nomination form.
Nominations for the Project Excellence Award should be submitted as a package, as follows:
- Completed nomination form
- Description (500 words or less) of how the nominee’s product or activity demonstrates excellence in health education, training, communication, and/or program development. The description should include
- A brief overview of the project
- A description of the TB ETN member’s role in the project
- The names of additional persons involved in the project (if applicable)
- A summary of the project’s outcomes and impacts
- An explanation of principles/practices/theories used in the development of project (e.g., systematic health education process)
- Supporting documents, if available (e.g., sample educational materials developed by nominee)
TB Educator of the Year Award
The TB Educator of the Year Award recognizes a TB ETN member who has shown dedication and leadership in the field of TB education and training at a local (e.g., state, county, or district) or front-line level.
Nominations for the TB Educator of the Year Award should be submitted as a package, as follows:
- Completed nomination form
- Description (500 words or less) of how the nominee demonstrated dedication and leadership in the field of TB education and training at a local or front-line level. The description should include
- Examples of how the nominee has shown dedication and leadership in the field of TB education and training
- An overview of the contributions the nominee has made to the field of health education and training
- An explanation of the impact of the nominee’s work
- Supporting documents, if available (e.g., sample educational materials, descriptions of trainings, and programs)
- Page last reviewed: September 18, 2013
- Page last updated: September 18, 2013
- Content source: