Goals and Reporting
There are several federal guidelines, standards, and goals related to sustainability. CDC meets federal mandates and guidance in our everyday operations and when planning sustainability initiatives.
- January 27, 2021: President Biden signed Executive Order 14008, Tackling the Climate Crisis at Home and Abroad
- December 8, 2021: President Biden signed Executive Order 14057 Catalyzing America’s Clean Energy Economy Through Federal Sustainability
- Staff interested in learning more about Federal sustainability efforts are encouraged to visit the Federal Sustainability Plan webpage
Each year, HHS outlines recent achievements and planned initiatives among Executive Order goal areas in its Sustainability Report and Implementation Plan, including:
- Sustainable buildings
- Clean and renewable energy
- Water use efficiency and management
- Fleet management
- Sustainable acquisitions
- Pollution prevention and waste reduction
- Electronic stewardship and data centers
The Office of Management and Budget creates a sustainability scorecard at the end of each fiscal year for each federal agency to measure goal attainment in comparison to other agencies. Agencies receive a green, yellow, or red score, corresponding to their success in meeting each goal during the year.