Stroke Educational Materials for Health Professionals
Find stroke resources, including fact sheets, podcasts, and trainings.
Facts and statistics related to stroke
- Stroke Facts
- Facts About Hypertension
- Heart Disease Facts
- Men and Heart Disease
- Women and Heart Disease
- Atrial Fibrillation
- Heart Failure
- CDC’s monthly Coffee Break webinar series offers 20-minute mini-trainings focused on knowledge translation tools and evaluation basics for chronic disease programs. Search the archives for trainings on stroke from this year and recent years.
Guidelines, recommendations, and reports
- The Surgeon General’s Call to Action to Control Hypertension
Outlines actionable steps that individuals, businesses, health care professionals, and more can integrate into their work, community, or personal life to help reduce high blood pressure.
- Preventing 1 Million Heart Attacks and Strokes
Outlines how public health and health care professionals, health systems, and communities can help keep people healthy, optimize care, and improve outcomes for priority populations.
- Surgeon General’s Reports on Smoking and Tobacco Use
Links to reports concerning smoking and health, including reports on involuntary exposure to tobacco smoke and on tobacco use among ethnic minority groups.
- Dietary Guidelines for Americans, 2020–2025 and Online Materialsexternal icon
Provides authoritative advice about good dietary habits that can promote health and lower the risk of disease. Published jointly every 5 years by the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) and the Department of Agriculture (USDA).
- U.S. Preventive Services Task Forceexternal icon
Provides links to reviews of evidence of effectiveness and recommendations for clinical preventive services that are developed by an independent panel of experts in primary care and prevention.
- About the Community Guideexternal icon
Shares what is known about the effectiveness, economic efficiency, and feasibility of programs to promote community health and prevent disease.
- Paul Coverdell National Acute Stroke Registry—Stories From the Field pdf icon[PDF – 411 KB]
Each Coverdell-funded state has identified unique ways to meet the goals and objectives of the Coverdell Program. These strategies from the field show the creative ways in which Coverdell states are addressing stroke care. The information can be used by Coverdell-funded states as well as states that are not funded by the Coverdell Program.
- Roadmap for State Program Planning
The Roadmap is a web-based resource for training and information for state Heart Disease and Stroke Prevention (HDSP) Program coordinators. It suggests steps for carrying out HDSP Program requirements, as well as easy online access to training, tools, and resources. The Roadmap offers information on four key areas of programmatic activities for HDSP Programs, including what to do and how to do it.
- American Stroke Associationexternal icon
- National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke (NINDS): Stroke Information Pageexternal icon
- NINDS Know Stroke Campaignexternal icon
- National Institutes of Health: Mind Your Risks®external icon
- MedlinePlus: Strokeexternal icon
- Brain Attack Coalitionexternal icon
- Massachusetts Health Promotion Clearinghouseexternal icon
- TeleNeurologyexternal icon
- World Stroke Organizationexternal icon
Page last reviewed: April 5, 2022