Stroke Patient Education Handouts
Print and share these resources with your patients to help them make healthy lifestyle changes and control health conditions that raise their risk for stroke.
Stroke and You Series
Some medical conditions and lifestyle choices can put anyone—regardless of gender, ethnicity, or age—at risk for stroke. However, people in certain groups are more likely to have a stroke. The “Stroke and You” series highlights the prevention challenges these groups face and what CDC is doing to address them.
- Women and Stroke Cdc-pdf[PDF-268K]
- Men and Stroke Cdc-pdf[PDF-248K]
- African-American Women and Stroke Cdc-pdf[PDF-910K]
- African-American Men and Stroke Cdc-pdf[PDF-478K]
- Hispanic Women and Stroke Cdc-pdf[PDF-327K] – Las Mujeres Hispanas y Los Accidentes Cerebrovasculares [PDF-223]
- Hispanic Men and Stroke Cdc-pdf[PDF-340K] – Los Hombres Hispanos y Los Accidentes Cerebrovasculares [PDF-221]
- Hispanics and Stroke Cdc-pdf[PDF-217K] – Las Personas Hispanas y Los Accidentes Cerebrovasculares [PDF-223]
Know the Facts About Stroke
This full-color, easy-to-read handout describes the risks, signs and symptoms, prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of stroke.