CDC Orientation for New Health Officials
The annual CDC Orientation for New Health Officials is a special event offered by CDC’s Office for State, Tribal, Local and Territorial Support (OSTLTS). It is an event exclusively for newly appointed senior health officials who have been in their positions less than 24 months. The orientation was designed to help these health officials gain a comprehensive perspective of CDC’s priorities, operations, and leadership.
During the orientation, new health officials will
- Enhance connections with CDC and learn about CDC resources, data, and technical assistance
- Learn how CDC can assist with urgent and competing priorities at the front lines of public health
- Discuss proven and innovative public health practices and strategies to reduce leading causes of death and disability
- Hear how other health officials address their public health goals
- Learn about CDC and its public health goals and priorities
For additional questions about the CDC Orientation for New Health Officials, please email OSTLTS.
- Page last reviewed: April 17, 2017
- Page last updated: April 17, 2017
- Content source: