Prevention Research Centers
Have You Heard? Facts From The Field is a weekly feature from the Office for State, Tribal, Local and Territorial Support to provide CDC and the field with facts and news from state, tribal, local and territorial public health agencies. We invite you to read and share this information broadly.
View the Current Have You Heard?
March 28, 2012
These are some of the ways research from Prevention Research Centers (PRC) have contributed to public health:
- Implementation of a policy to restrict sales of sugar-sweetened drinks in Boston public high schools was associated with a reduction in students' consumption of such drinks, according to a Harvard University PRC study.
- An innovative financing initiative in New Orleans awards loans to food stores in underserved neighborhoods to increase access to nutritious food, based on scientific guidance from the Tulane University PRC.
- We Run This City Youth Marathon Program, evaluated by the Case Western Reserve University PRC, teaches teens to set and achieve goals by preparing them to run in the Rite Aid Cleveland Marathon.
- Page last reviewed: November 9, 2015
- Page last updated: November 9, 2015
- Content source: