Have You Heard? Facts From The Field is a weekly feature from the Office for State, Tribal, Local and Territorial Support to provide CDC and the field with facts and news from state, tribal, local and territorial public health agencies. We invite you to read and share this information broadly.
View the Current Have You Heard?
March 12, 2015
The Million Hearts® initiative recently recognized 30 public and private healthcare practices and systems across the US as Hypertension Control Champions:
- For their helping low-income and underinsured patients control their blood pressure, the East Jordan Family Health Center was the only clinic in Michigan to be recognized.
- Family Health Centers of San Diego was 1 of the 8 Federally Qualified Health Centers awarded.
- The Kelsey-Seybold Clinic–Cypress in Houston won by using an innovative approach to teach their patients about high blood pressure.
April 17, 2013
- Chicago’s Keep Your Heart Healthy program establishes unique partnerships and identifies residents most at risk for heart disease, providing comprehensive services to help them make healthy life changes.
December 17, 2012
February 15, 2012
- 53 Mass in Motion communities in Massachusetts are promoting healthy diet to residents using the "Choose Less Sodium" [PDF-672KB] media campaign tool.
- New York's Schenectady County is giving meals for seniors a low-sodium makeover [PDF-685KB].
- Los Angeles County food service and vending contracts are now reviewed by the health department to ensure healthy, affordable food options are available to employees and the community.
August 31, 2011
- Non-diabetic participants with their blood pressure under control increased by 11% from 2007-2010 after a cardiovascular health program in Montana was implemented.
- Non-diabetic patients with their blood pressure under control increased by 15% from 2007-2009 in Kansas Quality of Care Project clinics.
- 56% of clients in Michigan's Healthy Hair/Healthy Body program made at least one healthy lifestyle change including controlling blood pressure.
- Page last reviewed: November 9, 2015
- Page last updated: November 9, 2015
- Content source: