Have You Heard? Facts From The Field is a weekly feature from the Office for State, Tribal, Local and Territorial Support to provide CDC and the field with facts and news from state, tribal, local and territorial public health agencies. We invite you to read and share this information broadly.
View the Current Have You Heard?
January 25, 2016
- The Rhode Island Department of Health’s 2015 Statewide Health Inventory is helping to develop a population health/behavioral health plan, inform policies, and improve health outcomes and quality of care in the state—all while lowering costs.
July 11, 2011
- States have experienced overall budgetary shortfalls of over $430 billion since FY 2009.
- 89% of state and territorial health agencies have reduced services for public health programs; 56% have had entire programs cut.
- 42% of local health departments made cuts to at least one public health program; 59% of the U.S. population lives in one of the affected jurisdictions.
- Page last reviewed: January 25, 2016
- Page last updated: January 25, 2016
- Content source: