Have You Heard? Facts From The Field is a weekly feature from the Office for State, Tribal, Local and Territorial Support to provide CDC and the field with facts and news from state, tribal, local and territorial public health agencies. We invite you to read and share this information broadly.
View the Current Have You Heard?
May 23, 2012
- Georgia's first-ever Online Cancer Information Center allows users to find cancer clinical trials, oncologists, and treatment centers available statewide.
- Doctors' Due Diligence: Measuring Kids' Blood Pressure — The American Academy of Pediatrics and federal health officials recommend that doctors routinely screen children for high blood pressure.
- Webinar — Strategies for Working with Local Community Coalitions: A Framework for Local Health Departments and Community Collaboration
May 9, 2012
May 2, 2012
- Since 2001, Wisconsin's Seal-A-Smile program has placed more than 142,000 dental sealants, which prevent tooth decay, on the teeth of more than 36,000 children.
- The Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment recently identified oral health as one of the state's "10 winnable battles."
- Maryland recently launched the Healthy Teeth Healthy Kids oral health literacy campaign, to increase oral health knowledge among pregnant women and mothers of at-risk young children.
- Page last reviewed: November 9, 2015
- Page last updated: November 9, 2015
- Content source: