Alerts About Current & Projected Funding Opportunities
The federal government provides many funding opportunities for state, tribal, local, and territorial health agencies, but these opportunities are announced throughout the year and can be difficult to track. Grants.gov can help. The information below outlines how public health professionals can subscribe to receive email alerts about federal funding opportunities, search for forecasted opportunities, and receive email updates about a specific forecasted opportunity.
To set up email alerts for new, modified, and deleted grant and cooperative agreement opportunities from federal grant-making agencies, visit Grants.gov’s Manage Subscriptions page. You can sign up for alerts under “Email Notifications” for a single known grant opportunity, for all grant opportunities, or for opportunities that fit specific search criteria.
The “Subscribe to saved searches for grant opportunities” option lets you set alerts using specific criteria, such as
- Category of funding activity (e.g., Health)
- Eligible applicants (e.g., State Governments, County Governments, or Native American tribal governments)
- Funding Instrument Type (e.g., Grant or Cooperative Agreement)
- Agency (Department of Health and Human Services)
- Sub-agency (e.g., Centers for Disease Control and Prevention)
The Grants Forecasting feature of Grants.gov provides information about the federal government’s intention to release specific funding opportunities announcements (FOAs) throughout the year. Keep in mind—
- Forecasted opportunities might change or not ultimately be published or funded.
- Grants are forecasted throughout the fiscal year, so what is forecasted at any given moment isn’t necessarily a comprehensive list of FOAs that will eventually be forecasted and posted by the end of the fiscal year.
Follow these steps to search for forecasted opportunities:
- Go to Grants.gov’s Search Grants section.
- On the left menu, under “Opportunity Status,” the default view shows the results for “Forecasted” and “Posted” opportunities.
- To see only the Forecasted FOAs, de-select “Posted,” and the list on the right will auto-adjust to show only “Forecasted.”
- If needed, narrow the results using the “Sort By” or “Date Range” criteria (options are above the results).
To receive email updates about a specific forecasted opportunity:
- Click on the opportunity.
- Click the “Send me change notification emails” link over the “General Information” box.
- Sign up for alerts.
- Page last reviewed: June 13, 2017
- Page last updated: June 13, 2017
- Content source: