Did You Know?
Did You Know? is a weekly feature from the Center for State, Tribal, Local, and Territorial Support to inform your prevention activities. We invite you to read, share, and take action!
November 16, 2018
- About 8.3 million children are in early care and education centers in the US, and nearly 1 million [PDF-1.3MB] of them are in centers that haven’t been adequately assessed for harmful chemicals.
- Even if a center meets current state licensing regulations, it might be located [PDF-1.1MB] in places where children and staff can come in contact with dangerous chemicals from the environment.
- State and local agencies can use ATSDR planning tools and resources from the Choose Safe Places for Early Care and Education program to help reduce the risk of chemical exposure in early childhood learning centers.
Get Did You Know? on your site
Put Did You Know? on your website for free. Just add a small piece of web code to your page and the content will automatically update whenever CDC updates this page.
Get Did You Know? Email Updates
To receive email updates about Did You Know?, enter your email address:
- Page last reviewed: November 9, 2018
- Page last updated: November 9, 2018
- Content source: