Did You Know?
Did You Know? is a weekly feature from the Office for State, Tribal, Local and Territorial Support to inform your prevention activities. We invite you to read, share, and take action!
May 25, 2018
- The rate of new hepatitis B virus infections has increased since 2014, likely due to rising rates of injection drug use.
- Getting vaccinated helps prevent infection with the hepatitis B virus; chronic infection can lead to serious liver problems.
- Healthcare professionals can follow new recommendations for a 2-dose hepatitis B vaccine for adults, which provides another option to the existing 3-dose series.
Get Did You Know? on your site
Put Did You Know? on your website for free. Just add a small piece of web code to your page and the content will automatically update whenever CDC updates this page.
Get Did You Know? Email Updates
To receive email updates about Did You Know?, enter your email address:
What Our Partners Are Saying
“As we revised our website, we brainstormed ideas to make it more accessible, accurate and informative for the community. When we learned about CDC’s Did You Know? content, we felt it would be a great addition to our website. Health information is ever-evolving and this syndication tool helps keep our online visitors engaged and informed.”
- Page last reviewed: May 25, 2018
- Page last updated: May 25, 2018
- Content source: