Did You Know?
Did You Know? is a weekly feature from the Office for State, Tribal, Local and Territorial Support to inform your prevention activities. We invite you to read, share, and take action!
June 16, 2017
- An influenza pandemic is a global outbreak of a new influenza A virus. Because a flu pandemic is unpredictable, it can occur at any time.
- Over the last 100 years, only 4 flu pandemics have occurred, but they resulted in close to 1 million deaths in the United States.
- Public health professionals can use CDC’s updated Community Mitigation Guidelines to Prevent Pandemic Influenza–United States, 2017 to prepare now for a flu pandemic.
Get Did You Know? on your site
Put Did You Know? on your website for free. Just add a small piece of web code to your page and the content will automatically update whenever CDC updates this page.
Get Did You Know? Email Updates
To receive email updates about Did You Know?, enter your email address:
- Page last reviewed: June 16, 2017
- Page last updated: June 16, 2017
- Content source: