Did You Know?
Did You Know? is a weekly feature from the Office for State, Tribal, Local and Territorial Support to inform your prevention activities. We invite you to read, share, and take action!
January 19, 2018
- Glaucoma is a group of diseases that damage the eye’s optic nerve. It can cause vision loss and even blindness if not detected early.
- The most common form of glaucoma progresses slowly over a long period of time without the person noticing vision loss until the disease is very advanced.
- Public health professionals can work in community-based settings to increase glaucoma detection rates by reaching people at high risk, including African Americans, seniors, and people with diabetes.
Get Did You Know? on your site
Put Did You Know? on your website for free. Just add a small piece of web code to your page and the content will automatically update whenever CDC updates this page.
Get Did You Know? Email Updates
To receive email updates about Did You Know?, enter your email address:
What Our Partners Are Saying
“As we revised our website, we brainstormed ideas to make it more accessible, accurate and informative for the community. When we learned about CDC’s Did You Know? content, we felt it would be a great addition to our website. Health information is ever-evolving and this syndication tool helps keep our online visitors engaged and informed.”
- Page last reviewed: January 12, 2018
- Page last updated: January 12, 2018
- Content source: