Did You Know?
Did You Know? is a weekly feature from the Center for State, Tribal, Local, and Territorial Support to inform your prevention activities. We invite you to read, share, and take action!
October 12, 2018
- About 10 million adults with arthritis have symptoms of anxiety or depression.
- Chronic joint pain and mental health conditions such as anxiety and depression can influence each other, causing symptoms of either or both to worsen.
- Healthcare providers can screen arthritis patients for anxiety and depression, as well as encourage patients to take part in physical activity and self-management education programs.
Get Did You Know? on your site
Put Did You Know? on your website for free. Just add a small piece of web code to your page and the content will automatically update whenever CDC updates this page.
Get Did You Know? Email Updates
To receive email updates about Did You Know?, enter your email address:
- Page last reviewed: October 12, 2018
- Page last updated: October 12, 2018
- Content source: