Did You Know?
Did You Know? is a weekly feature from the Center for State, Tribal, Local, and Territorial Support to inform your prevention activities. We invite you to read, share, and take action!
November 9, 2018
- 1 in 5 US adults provide regular care or assistance to a family member or friend with a health problem or disability.
- Many caregivers report high psychological stress and spend an average of nearly $7,000 in out-of-pocket costs related to caregiving each year.
- Public health professionals can learn more about the challenges of and recommendations for caregiving, including the unique circumstances of caregivers in rural areas.
Get Did You Know? on your site
Put Did You Know? on your website for free. Just add a small piece of web code to your page and the content will automatically update whenever CDC updates this page.
Get Did You Know? Email Updates
To receive email updates about Did You Know?, enter your email address:
- Page last reviewed: November 9, 2018
- Page last updated: November 9, 2018
- Content source: