Did You Know?
Did You Know? is a weekly feature from the Office for State, Tribal, Local and Territorial Support to inform your prevention activities. We invite you to read, share, and take action!
May 18, 2018
- Diabetic retinopathy—damage to blood vessels in the retina caused by high blood sugar—is the most common cause of vision impairment and blindness among working-age adults in the US.
- Since diabetic retinopathy might not show any symptoms in the early stages, having an annual dilated eye exam is crucial for everyone living with diabetes.
- Eye care and other healthcare professionals can remind their patients with diabetes to take the necessary steps to protect their eyes from vision loss.
Get Did You Know? on your site
Put Did You Know? on your website for free. Just add a small piece of web code to your page and the content will automatically update whenever CDC updates this page.
Get Did You Know? Email Updates
To receive email updates about Did You Know?, enter your email address:
What Our Partners Are Saying
“As we revised our website, we brainstormed ideas to make it more accessible, accurate and informative for the community. When we learned about CDC’s Did You Know? content, we felt it would be a great addition to our website. Health information is ever-evolving and this syndication tool helps keep our online visitors engaged and informed.”
- Page last reviewed: May 18, 2018
- Page last updated: May 18, 2018
- Content source: