Did You Know?
Did You Know? is a weekly feature from the Office for State, Tribal, Local and Territorial Support to inform your prevention activities. We invite you to read, share, and take action!
February 24, 2017
- Kidney diseases are the ninth leading cause of death in the United States.
- Kidneys can become damaged by diabetes, high blood pressure, obesity, and other causes, leading to a condition called chronic kidney disease.
- Health professionals can improve patient outcomes [PDF-3.7MB] by using strategies outlined in CDC’s Chronic Kidney Disease Initiative [PDF-1.4MB].
Get Did You Know? on your site
Put Did You Know? on your website for free. Just add a small piece of web code to your page and the content will automatically update whenever CDC updates this page.
Get Did You Know? Email Updates
To receive email updates about Did You Know?, enter your email address:
- Page last reviewed: January 20, 2017
- Page last updated: January 20, 2017
- Content source: