Did You Know?
Did You Know? is a weekly feature from the Office for State, Tribal, Local and Territorial Support to inform your prevention activities. We invite you to read, share, and take action!
June 23, 2017
- Sickle cell disease—a group of inherited red blood cell disorders—can cause health problems that require care in a hospital or clinic emergency department (ED).
- People with sickle cell disease who go to EDs sometimes face longer wait times or are perceived as drug-seeking because their symptoms might be less visible.
- ED healthcare providers [PDF-334KB] can use new CDC resources to help improve the care of patients with sickle cell disease [PDF-246KB] who seek care in EDs.
Get Did You Know? on your site
Put Did You Know? on your website for free. Just add a small piece of web code to your page and the content will automatically update whenever CDC updates this page.
Get Did You Know? Email Updates
To receive email updates about Did You Know?, enter your email address:
- Page last reviewed: June 23, 2017
- Page last updated: June 23, 2017
- Content source: