Did You Know?
Did You Know? is a weekly feature from the Office for State, Tribal, Local and Territorial Support to inform your prevention activities. We invite you to read, share, and take action!
January 13, 2017
- Native Americans are twice as likely as whites to have diabetes. For 2 in 3 Native Americans with kidney failure, diabetes is the cause.
- Kidney failure from diabetes dropped 54% among Native Americans between 1996 and 2013.
- Implementing a population health and coordinated team approach to diabetes care has been shown to reduce diabetes-related kidney failure.
Get Did You Know? on your site
Put Did You Know? on your website for free. Just add a small piece of web code to your page and the content will automatically update whenever CDC updates this page.
Get Did You Know? Email Updates
To receive email updates about Did You Know?, enter your email address:
- Page last reviewed: January 13, 2017
- Page last updated: January 13, 2017
- Content source: