Did You Know?
Did You Know? is a weekly feature from the Office for State, Tribal, Local and Territorial Support to inform your prevention activities. We invite you to read, share, and take action!
March 24, 2017
- CDC’s Tips From Former Smokers (Tips™) campaign builds public awareness of the health damage caused by smoking and exposure to secondhand smoke.
- As a result of the 2014 Tips™ campaign, an estimated 1.83 million smokers attempted to quit smoking and 104,000 smokers quit smoking for good.
- Healthcare providers and public health professionals can use the Tips™ campaign’s targeted resources for partners to encourage smokers to quit.
Get Did You Know? on your site
Put Did You Know? on your website for free. Just add a small piece of web code to your page and the content will automatically update whenever CDC updates this page.
Get Did You Know? Email Updates
To receive email updates about Did You Know?, enter your email address:
- Page last reviewed: January 20, 2017
- Page last updated: January 20, 2017
- Content source: