Did You Know?
Did You Know? is a weekly feature from the Office for State, Tribal, Local and Territorial Support to inform your prevention activities. We invite you to read, share, and take action!
September 21, 2018
- An estimated 48 million people in the US get sick each year from foodborne illnesses.
- Anyone can get food poisoning, but certain groups of people are more likely to get sick or have severe symptoms, including older adults, children younger than 5, people with weakened immune systems, and pregnant women.
- Health departments can use and share social media messages, videos, and educational materials from CDC to help spread the word about food safety.
Get Did You Know? on your site
Put Did You Know? on your website for free. Just add a small piece of web code to your page and the content will automatically update whenever CDC updates this page.
Get Did You Know? Email Updates
To receive email updates about Did You Know?, enter your email address:
- Page last reviewed: September 21, 2018
- Page last updated: September 21, 2018
- Content source: