Did You Know? is a weekly feature from the Office for State, Tribal, Local and Territorial Support to inform your prevention activities. We invite you to read, share, and take action!
View the Current Did You Know?
February 22, 2013
- For more than 35 years, Health, United States has presented a picture of the nation’s health, including trends in infant mortality, birth and death rates, health status, risk factors, health-care use, and more.
- Health, United States, 2011: In Brief [PDF-1.4MB] is a companion to the larger report and contains 20 charts and a table of key national health indicators, which can be compared to state and local estimates.
- A new dynamic version of Health, United States, 2011: In Brief lets you create your own charts and tables and include data from the full Health, United States report.
February 15, 2013
- Starting in 2014, Americans will be able to easily compare all their health insurance options in one place using the Health Insurance Marketplace.
- Resources are available to help inform consumers about the Marketplace, including a toolkit, market research and survey data, and a glossary—all written in language that makes sense.
- You can encourage your constituents to sign up for updates about the Marketplace by adding badges and widgets to your website, social network profile, or blog.
February 8, 2013
- More than 1 in 3 adults with mental illness smoke cigarettes, a rate that's 70% higher than the rate for adults with no mental illness.
- Smokers with mental illness—such as veterans with posttraumatic stress disorder—want to quit, are able to quit, and can benefit from smoking cessation treatments.
- Some states have successfully enacted policies and initiatives that make mental health facilities and grounds tobacco free.
February 1, 2013
- Epi Info™ is a free tool used worldwide by public health professionals to collect, visualize, analyze, and present public health data.
- More than 181 countries use Epi Info, covering all continents including Antarctica; it has also been translated into more than 13 languages.
- Training resources for Epi Info include tutorials, a user guide, videos, and instructions on how to create the new Epi Info Web Survey.
Did You Know? information and web links are current as of their publication date. They may become outdated over time.
- Page last reviewed: November 9, 2015
- Page last updated: October 14, 2016
- Content source: